Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Analyst Climate Change and Environment Unit, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Planning and Coordination
- Contribute to the Drafting of concept notes, Annual Work Plans and budgets in preparation of Project Approval Boards for current and future projects administered by the Climate Change and Green Economy Unit
- Contribute to project activities coordination in the area of Climate Change, Clean Energy and Green Economy with other agencies working in the DRC to develop inter-agency synergies and complementarities, including funding proposals
- Promote synergies through close coordination with projects including Land Management reform, Civil Society Support and Oriental Province Integrated Program
2. Project Management and Implementation
- Participate in field visits to monitor the implementation of projects under the Climate Change and Green Economy Unit, ensuring that all partners work together to deliver project activities, in compliance with relevant work plans
- Support the successful implementation of project activities through direct assistance and technical and operational advice in the area of Climate change Mitigation
- Provide strategic advice on comprehensive exit strategies for on-going projects in the area of Climate change Mitigation
- Support the drafting of Quarterly reports
- Support the drafting of project assessment tools (questionnaires)
- Support the drafting of TORs for the selection of implementing partners
- Attend related meetings with UN agencies and other stakeholders
3. Capacity development
- Promote national ownership in the area of Climate change Mitigation by strengthening the role of the national counterparts through the development and implementation a comprehensive capacity building strategy
4. Communication and advocacy
- Identify strategic partnerships with media organizations and relevant non-state actors, with the aim of increasing awareness and visibility of Climate Change Mitigation activities and outcomes
- Identify and draft success stories and best practice examples in the area of Climate change Mitigation
5. M&E and Knowledge Management
- Based on the Annual Work Plans (AWP), establish baseline, monitoring and evaluation plans for projects under the Climate Change and Green Economy Unit;
- Facilitate donor field visits and provide support to consultants;
- Prepare regular briefs and updates of key achievements for Programme Manager, Project Manager, team briefings and donor briefings;
- Develop Community Resilience best practice and learning packages and deliver training to UNDP staff, implementing partners and other key stakeholders through regular workshops.
University Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, International Development or other relevant field.
Experience of 3 years in International Development, Climate Change issues, Environmental Studies.
- French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 3 years) in International Development, Climate Change issues, Environmental Studies;
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 6 May 2020