This position is in the National Weather Service (NWS), River Forecast Center (RFC) with one vacancy located in Sacramento, CA.Learn more about this agency
The working title for this position is Development and Operations Hydrologist (DOH). As a Development and Operations Hydrologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Provide technical oversight of the River Forecast Center’s (RFC) day to day operations including, performing operational forecast shifts.
- Integrate and maintain hydrologic and hydrometeorological technology, and locally and centrally developed applications software, into RFC’s operational system to resolve systems and data management issues.
- Implement, enhance, and maintain National Weather Service (NWS) River Forecast System, and other nationally supported software systems, to identify forecast system deficiencies and recommend changes to increase their operational usefulness.
- Provide hydrology and hydrometeorology specific training to personnel at RFC and associated weather forecast offices.
- Collaborate with NWS personnel, local, state, and Federal agencies at meetings, hearings, and inquiries to apply hydrologic guidance to improve current and future technological capabilities.