WASH Advisor will support continuous WASH programming and portfolios in Yemen. The WASH Advisor is responsible for reviewing YCST and HA WASH activities with service delivery proposal packages for projects under the Yemen portfolio, including technical project descriptions and associated supporting documentation, to be reviewed and approved by USAID and/or OFDA.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review WASH projects' detailed technical descriptions, environmental review forms, technical drawings, and Bills of Quantities (BOQs), and provide technical input to the YCST and HA field teams, as requested.
- In close coordination with the YCST and HA field program staff, COP, Area Manager and Country Director, follow-up in a timely manner, all WASH program activities to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with the donor-approved proposal, requirements, budgets, and work plans.
- Coordinate with HQ and Yemen based field teams to address and respond to in a timely manner, all WASH-related questions received from the donor technical specialists.
- Provide regular, comprehensive technical training and on-the-job mentoring for YCST and HA WASH teams, as needed
- All other duties as assigned by COP and/or CD.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in the WASH Sector
- Minimum of 2 years training experience
- Strong knowledge of USAID environmental compliance requirements for WASH projects.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to field teams in Yemen.
- Ability to prioritize and work to strict deadlines.
- Experience working with teams and building local capacity
- Language fluency (speaking, writing) in English and Arabic required.