APAC Environmental Program Lead – Water-CHU00296
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary:
This position is a part of the APAC Regional Environment team focusing on developing and deploying global environmental compliance programs in the Asia Pacific Region and monitoring/managing regional regulatory developments in designated discipline (Water Management and Waste Water Treatment). Reports to the Cargill APAC Environmental Lead and will actively deploy the Cargill Environmental Strategy and program in APAC.
The position will support the deployment of the CEHS strategy and critical project management; development and implementation of global environmental compliance programs; and deployment of CEHS work processes and technologies, consistent with Cargill Risk Compliance Framework (Risk Assessment, Policies/Procedures/Controls; Communications & Training; Auditing, Monitoring & Analytics; Reporting; and issue Investigation/Resolution).
The Regional Water Program Lead will provide regional leadership and apply subject matter knowledge of water management, wastewater technology and regulatory compliance on water pollution prevention and water sustainability. The position will act as the regional Water Programs Manager and be an active participant on the Cargill Water Team. Responsibilities include: Compliance issue management; regional and local content development and improvement in in the key environmental processes and programs associated with Water Programs Management (groundwater, surface water, potable water, sanitation water, storm water and wastewater); technology support and troubleshooting for wastewater treatment both during design and operations; qualitative and quantitative risk analysis on water-related issues, both related to compliance and Cargill’s role in the community; regional water-related regulatory emerging issue management including engagement with regulators and other key external stakeholders; representing Cargill in water-related regional and/or industry associations; internal and external compliance measurement and tracking and managing performance against internal and external water-related requirements and commitments; water & waste water data collection and analytics systems; compliance verification (including assessments, review of task management and audits); and environmental communication and training.
As a member of Corporate Environment, Health and Safety team, the candidate will promote the vision of ZERO HARM and deploy the global requirements, programs, and processes under local regulations in the Asia Pacific Region. The candidate will represent the Environmental Center of Excellence with an emphasis on current and emerging environmental compliance for all Cargill locations in Asia Pacific The candidate will support the deployment of the CEHS strategy and critical project management; development and implementation of global environmental compliance programs; apply local regulatory requirements; and deployment of CEHS work processes and technologies, consistent with Cargill Risk Compliance Framework (Risk Assessment, Policies/Procedures/Controls; Communications & Training; Auditing, Monitoring & Analytics; Reporting; and issue Investigation/Resolution).
40% Water program & compliance management (with internal and external requirements):
- Maintain a robust compliance program for environmental programs, with internal and external requirements.
- Collaborate with regulatory managers, operations and subject matter expertise to develop and implement robust regulatory strategies for water management & sustainability programs.
- Assist Global Water Lead and regional regulatory manager to conduct water regulatory surveillance and applicability analysis to anticipate environmental regulations and requirements that could affect operations.
- Ensure consistent development, deployment, execution and verification of Corporate EHS policies/requirements, corporate goals and EHS initiatives.
- Assist APAC Environmental Director in the management of water- related environmental work per the regional portfolio of environmental work (i.e. permits, due diligence, etc). Manage the businesses expectations and provide expert consultation to the business.
- Deploy Corporate Water program in region and provide technical, regulatory and strategic consultation, support, and training on water programs
- Deploy systems and metrics to affectively track, monitor and report progress towards Environmental targets and commitments, including incident investigation and management and communication to stakeholders and leadership team members.
- Lead the execution of Cargill EHS projects, programs, processes, and technologies in region.
- Participate in a corporate water SME team to support the development/updating of the water programs requirements, necessary guidance, support materials, and training.
- Support to develop compliance verification approach and tools, including facility-level CEHS audit protocols where applicable and business-level review/assessments.
- Attend Corp EHS audit on Environnemental management.
40% Water & Wastewater technology and Water Centre of Excellence:
Provide technical, regulatory and strategic consultation, support, and training on Water & Wastewater Management and Technology:
- Manage and deliver Water & Wastewater expertise in region (i.e. internal and external resources).
- Provide water-related Subject Matter Expertise for Management of Change, Capital Project management and troubleshooting on water & wastewater facilities operation
- Network with external organizations to identify best practices, effective technologies, and cooperative solutions that can be applied effectively to help in support of EHS strategy implementation.
- Build the capability for water & wastewater technology expertise within the EHS sub-regional team and corresponding sites.
- Assist on identification and implementation of Best Management Practices and selection of technology providers related to water and wastewater treatment.
- Represent Cargill at regional water-related industry associations
20% Water resources, sustainability & stewardship:
- Using expert knowledge to deliver guidance and training and solutions related to water resources management practices, water risk mitigation and collective action in a watershed context.
- Support in identification of projects, stakeholders and potential collective action to meet Cargill water-related environmental and sustainability commitments.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Required Education: Bachelor degree in engineering or science.
- Required Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in environmental engineering, water & wastewater engineering is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Water & wastewater technology
- Strong knowledge of Environmental compliance and management systems
- Basic knowledge of Water resources and water stewardship
- Strong Project Leadership skills.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to implement technical knowledge into global policy and processes.
- Ability to educate and influence at different level leaders throughout the supply chain.
- Ability to operate independently, build internal inter-functional work relationships and establish/maintain external network.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly conceptualize and understand strategy, business model and supporting processes.
- Effective problem-solving, project management, critical thinking and development skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English, Fluency in Mandarin and/or other main regional language preferred
- Ability to travel 30%
- Professional Engineer Accreditation or Masters degree in engineering or science.
- Experience working in a global / multi-geography environment and an understanding of the complexities it presents
- Participate and pursue leadership roles in external organization to bring “outside in” perspective and exposure to leading practices
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location China-Anhui-Chuzhou
Other Locations China-Jiangsu-Nanjing (Nanking)
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job