Acre has partnered with one of the world’s most influential Private equity firms to identify a strong Head of ESG to spearhead ESG research, integration and engagement efforts across the Americas.
With one current direct report and the opportunity to build and grow this function long term, the Head of ESG- Americas will report into the Global Head of Impact with whom they will partner closely on driving forward firm wide initiatives on material issues across the full investment portfolio- specifically around the themes of climate change, diversity & inclusion and workforce.
The successful candidate will:
- Evolve the firm’s internal approach to ESG integration across the full spectrum of the investment lifecycle
- Effectively engage with internal leaders and stakeholders to institutionalize the function across all investment teams and firm operations
- Partner with deal teams and investment colleagues to evolve assessment and monitoring of ESG risk and opportunities across pipeline and portfolio.
- Drive a strong engagement culture across the business and leverage team’s capabilities to successfully partner with portfolio company management teams in advancing their sustainability strategies, ESG value creation initiatives and related KPIS’s
- Partner with global ESG team and Global Head of Impact in building a best in class approach across the business and all portfolio companies.
The ideal candidate will be an ESG/Sustainability subject matter expert with a minimum of 10 years of experience in management consulting or direct experience driving ESG efforts within private equity.
They must be able to speak to a strong track record of positive and influential engagement with investment partners and portfolio company management teams.
Investment experience and credentials are preferred but not absolutely necessary.
At this time our client is not open to relocation or sponsorship, only applicants based in NYC or Washington, DC will be considered.