With its Secretariat at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Rishikesh, the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA) is world’s first initiative that is engaging the planet’s many faiths as allies in efforts to create a world where every human being has access to safe, healthy and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
Under the guidance and inspiration of founder, Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati, President of Parmarth Niketan, GIWA was launched by UNICEF at UNICEF World Headquarters under sponsorship of the Government of the Netherlands and USAID, GIWA envisions a water-secure world in which none may suffer due to the lack of WASH.
Towards achieving its objectives, GIWA initiates and implements various projects across the country, for which two experienced and passionate ‘Educators/Trainers’ are needed for an exciting project implementing a life skills education program into schools in Uttarakhand, and oversee the implementation and teaching quality of school teachers at various school locations around the Rishikesh area.
GIWA has several current projects including: organising event for mass awareness raising to remove barriers to a united andempowere society, the WaterSchool Programme, the Women for WASH Initiative, the Ganga River Institute, the World Toilet College and the WASH on Wheels Travelling Roadshow and campaign activities at major festivals, such as the Kumbha Mela.
GIWA is currently inviting applications for two Educators/Trainers. These full-time positions will be located at Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, India. The incumbents will have strong backgrounds in the management of people, projects and resources in a nonprofit environment, and will have exceptional skills in supervising all aspects of programmatic implementation, from creation to completion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead, plan and manage the training delivery interventions, with an appreciation of longer-term impact
- Analyse and interpret past data, identify gaps, establish the need and test solutions for effective training delivery methods
- Provide coaching to the trainers on areas such as how to generate audience interest, attendance, attention, building engagement, credibility and rapport
- Create standards for measuring results and proficiency for the learning outcomes and help operationalise a system for measuring the programme; Gather feedback from a variety of groups such as teachers, students, and recommend insights into the programme for continuous improvement;
- Operationalise a system for reviewing individual trainees and giving feedback for improvement;
b. Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the schools and communities we serve
c. Measurement and Reporting
- Manage the use and implementation of feedback forms and enter these electronically into our spreadsheet system
- Monitor data submitted via a dedicated application.
- Ensure accountability of educators and social workers in data submission
d. Special Projects
- Engagement and provide mass awareness training activities to augment projects at mass social gatherings and other events where we operate
- Perform other related duties as assigned
E. Job Requirements
- 3-5 years proven experience working as an Educator/Trainer
- Extensive experience of delivering high impact training to the trainers, ideally within the education sector
- Experience of coaching and mentoring trainers methods of training delivery, manage, operations and logistics of training participants.
- Experience working in field-based projects in a non-profit or humanitarian organization, with prior experience in WASH projects highly preferred
- Outgoing personality and ability to connect with people across diverse communities, age and economic status
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills including the management of documentation
- Proven ability to work to a schedule and targets
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Adept at speaking, able to deliver instructions that are accurate, clear and concise, excellent listening skills
- Ability to manage the learning environment, create a productive and safe environment for learning, identify disagreements, diffuse conflict and take action to resolve dysfunctional behaviour in the class;
- Ability and willingness to travel as per the job requirements.
F. Personal Attributes
- Self-driven and willingness to take initiative
- Enthusiasm for community engagement and networking
- Sound values and work ethics
This is a full-time position; located in Rishikesh, India; candidate must be willing to work flexible hours between the hours of 7:00AM and 9:00PM
Remuneration based on candidates experience and expertise. Remuneration can also include room and board at the ashram.