SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
We are currently seeking for a “Institutional Specialist” to be based in Pakistan Office on Irrigation project.
- Shall review current institutional arrangement within the Government including the PID, and propose a Governance structure which minimizes disruption to its day-to-day functions, while meeting the requirements of the Water Act;
- Shall develop a proposal for necessary institutional strengthening of the PID;
- Shall develop duty statements and selection criteria for positions for personnel within the proposed governance structure;
- Shall carry out any other task jointly agreed by the executive agency and the Consultant Firm to be undertaken during the assignment.
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Team Leader/Project Manager in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she must have a graduate degree, and a post graduate degree in civil engineering, water resources management, public policy, or public administration or equivalent.
- He/she must have good knowledge of water resources legislation, policy and institutional analyses relevant to water-related disasters, and river and water resources management.
- He/she must have at least 10 years of international professional experience in institutional strengthening of water resources institutions, including 6 years or longer international experience.
- He/she must have an experience in project preparation and/or implementation of externally funded projects in Asia. Experience in Pakistan will be given preference.
- He/she must be familiar with contemporary literature on Water Governance e.g., Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Water Governance Framework. Preference will also be given to candidates with those background.