With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Position: Technical Specialist – mWater
Location: Phnom Penh
Salary: 1113-1392 USD
Closing Date: 25 September 2023
NOTE: ONLY CAMBODIAN NATIONALS MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
World Vision International-Cambodia (WVI-C) has been working in several sectors including Child Protection and Participation, Education and Integrated Nutrition. Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) has been implemented under the Integrated Nutrition Programme through the Area Programs (APs) for the past three decades. In addition, specific time-bound WASH projects were designed and implemented from time to time to enhance the reach and impact on children. The staff hired for this position of Technical Specialist – mWater is expected to provide technical support to APs in terms of maintaining the mWater data management system that will be used in over 25 APs and more than 7 projects implemented by WV International – Cambodia.
The overall purpose of this position is to manage mWater:- an online data management system used for Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene programmes. The position will be responsible for analyzing and reporting results; and using these to 1) inform programming, 2) identify innovations for replication and 3) document best practice.
Management of mWater data management system
- Create an account and set username of mWater to CDFs, Project staff, and TPOs.
- Provide the guidance of mWater for WASH asset mapping to CDFs, Project staff and TPOs.
- Build the capacity of the Regional Programme Information Management Officer (PIMO) and the CDF on managing the mWater database and prepare them to manage the data on a long run.
- Management of mWater platform (online monitoring -mWater portal and Surveyer). Maintain thorough understanding of , and keep up to date with, global WASH monitoring requirements and developments
- Analyze, clean and manage the mWater data on a quarterly basis.
- Develop an mWater tracking dashboard, consoles, datagrid and maps for generating WASH report.
- Design and develop appropriate mWater tools and USC tools based on the gaps in the existing WASH tools.
- Develop capacity building plans for mWater both short term and long term including reflection meetings and refresher trainings as appropriate for the CDF, project staff and TPOs.
- Conduct capacity building, field support and coaching to TPOs, CDFs and project staff on mWater database.
Learning and Building Evidence
- Support interpretation of data from mWater dashboard, making recommendations and program adjustments based on data in consultation with STS.
- Review the monitoring tools and make it consistent with the quarterly reporting requirements of global WASH reporting requirements and to measure the progress of WASH Universal Service Coverage at the country level.
- Prepare quality impact report (quarterly, semi-annual, and annual) of mWater and WASH USC and submit to STS – WASH.
- Build evidence base: – Collaborate with APs to identify and document success stories and innovative practices
- Coordinate and collaborate with Provincial Rural Development to develop the master plan of WASH USC.
- Coordinate with other NGOs, donors, and technical resource agencies to ensure sharing of information and technical resources on WASH Monitoring standards and USC.
- Explore and identify NGOs with the potential to implement mWater and WASH USC and share it with STS-WASH.
- Participate in various sector technical working groups of the Ministry of Rural Development, Department of School Health, and NGO networks in Cambodia and contribute from mWater and WASH USC programme experience based on the guidance from STS-WASH.
- Participate regularly in the development, and review of National Standards of Monitoring Information System (MIS) organized by the Ministry of Rural Development, UNICEF, WaterAID and others and share from mWater and WASH USC experience.
As part of the World Vision International-Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered jobs are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to the date of joining the organization.
- Bachelor or Master in Integrated Water Resources Management or Rural infrastructure
- At least 3 years experience in project M&E or programmes/project management. Understanding of basic M&E principles.
- At least 3 years experience in data software analysis (mWater, Kobo, GPS).
- Data analysis, information presentation, technique and interpreting data.
- Good knowledge in conducting surveys and data collection processes.
- Excellent in online data management system, digital mapping, and watershed mapping.
- Good facilitation skills, especially in leading training sessions
- Effective in written and oral communication; be able to speak and write in English.
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Rural Development policies and programs aimed at improving WASH Universal Service Coverage.
- This position requires work in the field to support various projects for at least 50 % of the time and demands close interface with senior officials in the Provincial Department of Rural Development as well as other stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
We no longer accept CVs and application forms via email. Please complete the WV Application Form, CV, and Cover Letter to the link apply above.
Please click on this Application Form for WV Application Form. If you have any challenges accessing the link above, please call or telegram to 086 623 723.
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity.
Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned. You could learn more about our achievements visit our website or our Facebook page World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We are looking for a qualified and competent candidate whose background aligns with our core vision and mission. The successful applicant will be required to submit a criminal record and other related documents.
Applicant Types Accepted: