SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
We are currently seeking for a “Hill Torrents/Watershed Management Specialist” to be based in Pakistan Office on Irrigation project.
- Shall review all earlier literature on the hill torrents of Punjab to develop a comprehensive watershed management plan for Punjab to develop hill torrents and mitigate risks associated with flash flooding, erosion, sediment etc.;
- Shall carry out any other task jointly agreed by the executive agency and the Consultant Firm to be undertaken during the assignment.
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Team Leader/Project Manager in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she must have a graduate degree in natural sciences or a closely allied discipline, and a post graduate degree in natural sciences or closely allied discipline.
- He/she preferably has at least 10 years of relevant international professional experience preferably with experience in Asia.
- He/she must have good knowledge of the hill torrents/ watershed aspects of water resources management.
- He/she, if possible, has an experience in externally funded projects in Asia. Experience in Pakistan is of highly desirable.