1. Ensure the daily MARPLASTICCs project activities implementation in close collaboration with the MARPLASTICCs project Coordinator;
2. Facilitate the preparation of the meeting of the MARPLASTICCs Steering Committee and take care of the follow up activities including reporting;
3. Prepare and monitor contract with consultants, review consultants’ deliverable in collaboration with the MARPLASTICCs project Coordinator and Technical adviser;
4. Ensure technical reporting to the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA);
5. Support the finance department regarding the financial report;
6. Coordinate Communication officer activities on communication material, project webpages and event preparation;
7. Liaise with the regional offices and ensure synergies and good collaboration with the regional offices;
8. Identifying potential funding sources for follow up IUCN’s activities on plastics;
9. Carry out other technical support from time to time as required by the MARPLASTICCs Coordinator and Technical;
10. Take care of regularly informing the monitoring matrix.
11. Support other plastic projects as required.
|• A Master degree in environmental sciences, sustainable development or any other discipline that is relevant to nature conservation and sustainable use of natural resources;|
• 3 to 5 years relevant experience;
• Excellent written and spoken English skills (other languages are an asset);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Good organizational, administrative, reporting and communication skills;
• A motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
• A team player with a strong interest to work in an international environment;
• Proven, knowledge and experience in plastic issues is a great asset.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/