The position is located at the Great Lakes Regional Office (GLRO) of the International Joint Commission (IJC or Commission). The incumbent will serve as an Economist/Policy Advisor in the Great Lakes Regional Office. The incumbent reports to the Great Lakes Regional Office Director and works closely with and provides advice to the U.S. and Canadian Commissioners.
- Prepares written / oral reports and makes suggestions and recommendations to the supervisor for inclusion in a comprehensive report on study findings.
- Plans, organizes, and implements projects relating to the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement assigned by Commissioners or the GLRO Director and projects assigned by Commissioners relating to other issues under the Commission’s purview.
- Provides expert technical support, including specific technical expertise relating to the health of the Great Lakes, and other task forces and study teams that may be created by the Commission.
- Develops and maintains continuous contact with professional counterparts in appropriate U.S. and Canadian federal, state, provincial, local, university, environmental, conservation, industry, and business organizations and activities.
- Establishes close working relationships with board Co-chairs and briefs them regularly regarding IJC priorities and decisions.
- Prepares scientifically defensible documents.