Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position tenable in the Operations Division within the Water Resources Department.
Reporting to the Water Resources Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Initiating, planning and managing the execution of water supply and irrigation infrastructure projects
- Compiling the Departmental capital expenditure budget in consultation with Water Resources and Agriculture management
- Preparing detailed specifications in respect of individual projects in consideration of optimum but cost effective technologies
- Initiating and carrying out of tendering process for the different projects
- Utilizing internal and third party service providers (contractors/consultants) as per the requirement of the different projects, and coordinating the available resources for flawless execution of projects
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in time, within scope and on budget
- Contributing to the successful implementation of strategic initiatives within the Department
- Managing the application of policies and procedures, IMS framework and standards
- Management and supervision of subordinates through performance management and instilling a high performance culture
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc Degree in Agricultural or Bio Systems Engineering/Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Post Graduate qualification in Project Management
- More than 3 years Managerial experience in an Irrigation, Water or Civil engineering environment
- More than 5 years post graduate experience in an Irrigation, Water or Civil engineering environment
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with qualifications, experience and value add.
Written applications, giving full personal details and CV, should be received no later than 28th April 2020.
(Please note that if you have not received any response within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application was unsuccessful.)