Consultant, Natural Capital Solutions
Location: predominantly home based, with regular meetings in Sheffield or Leicester.
Contract: initially for 6 months, possibility of permanent position afterwards
Salary: £25,000 per annum (pro rata)
Deadline: 1st May 2020
Natural Capital Solutions Ltd (www.naturalcapitalsolutions.co.uk) is a leading consultancy specialising specifically in biodiversity and ecosystem services research and consulting. Our work explores the interaction between the environment, economy and society and our clients include public, private and third sector organisations. We are experts in implementing natural capital approaches such as natural capital and ecosystem services assessment, including modelling, mapping and monetary valuation, natural capital accounting, opportunity mapping and stakeholder engagement. We work extensively in strategic policy planning and development management, with the agricultural and land management sector, and also with the water sector and the wildlife conservation community.
We are looking to recruit a consultant to work on a variety of projects across sectors. We are particularly interested in people with GIS skills to help meet the strong demand for mapping of natural capital and ecosystem services, or for an environmental economist to assist with natural capital accounting and valuation.
The work will be predominantly home based, but with regular meetings in Sheffield or Leicester, so requires someone with self-motivation, willing to get on with the task in hand. You will need to be numerical and analytical, with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and willing to take on a wide variety of tasks.
Essential skills include:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject such as environmental science, environmental economics, ecology or geography.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Skills in either GIS (QGIS, ArcGIS, or R) and / or environmental economics.
- Self-motivated and willing to work from home.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English).
Desirable skills include some of:
- Knowledge of natural capital and ecosystem services approaches.
- Skills in spatial analysis and coding in R.
- Experience of the planning sector, including use of the Biodiversity Metric 2.0.
- Experience of working in an environmental consultancy.
- Writing applications for tenders.
- Used to giving presentations and liaising with clients.
Benefits include flexible working arrangements, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), and the opportunity to work in a friendly consultancy that is leading the way in this exciting and rapidly growing field.
This is a full-time position, but we are happy to consider part-time and flexible arrangements. It is open to anyone with the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you would like to join Natural Capital Solutions and how you meet the essential and desirable skills, to [email protected].