Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least Master or higher degree in remote sensing, geography or related field;
- At least 8 years of experience and knowledge on remote Sensing and Image processing for land cover and wetland mapping are required;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in remote sensing, image processing and interpretation applications;
- At least 5 years in using of remote sensing in land cover mapping and other environmental monitoring in the Mekong Region;
- Strong leadership and experience in leading the regional project for land cover or wetland mapping for the Mekong are required;
- Strong knowledge and experience in using and perfectly handling the remote sensing object-based classification system such as FAO-GLCCS software including Madcat or ecognition and or other similar remote sensing software are mandatory;
- Excellence experience in developing land cover, wetland or flood map using both optical and microwave remote sensing data and technologies in the Mekong Region are required.
- Experience in spatial natural resources information and data analysis and interpretations;
- Demonstrating knowledge of natural resources classification systems and mapping, preferably in relation to the Mekong region or similar natural environments;
- Experience in applying satellite remote sensing, both SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) and optical imageries, to GIS for natural resources mapping and inventories is an advantage;
- Good knowledge about MRC information and knowledge management and MRCS database system including DSF for high level and complex assessment of natural resources system for the Lower Mekong Basin would be highly preferable;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively in a Mekong institution and cultural context; and
- Fluent in English, verbal and writing and strong analytical skills;
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6BNW2YP. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 1 May 2020