Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Principal Manager of Environmental Resources at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this role, you will lead all aspects of the Environmental Resources Management (ERM) Division reporting into the Director of Environmental Services. You will lead a skilled team of 35, consisting of senior managers, program managers, and professional staff, to develop and implement environmental compliance and risk management strategies through environmental programs, policies, procedures and systems that ensure company-wide compliance with SCE’s Environmental Policy and federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations. In addition, this team is responsible for reviewing a wide range of electric transmission, distribution, substation, generation, telecommunication, and real estate development projects to assess the potential for environmental impacts and provides guidance and operational requirements to minimizing and mitigating those impacts.
We are looking for a talented leader that focuses on the development of their staff, supports an inclusive work environment, and upholds SCE’s core values of Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Respect, Continuous Improvement, and Teamwork. Our culture promotes innovation to solve complex problems and the development of effective partnerships to achieve successful outcomes.
As a Principal Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Provide strategic direction to ensure company-wide environmental compliance through the creation of compliance programs and systems.
- Implement programs, assess compliance performance, analyze performance metrics, and make program adjustments.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to negotiate permit conditions, create mitigation strategies, and resolve significant non-compliance matters with regulatory agencies.
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and report environmental liabilities with the potential for material adverse impact in support of corporate governance requirements.
- Manage budget to meet strategic objectives and operational needs.
- Establish performance expectations and goals aligned with company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Lead, train and develops staff by providing timely feedback, coaching and support.
- Demonstrate what we value through decisions and actions and promotes the company’s safety culture to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in natural or physical sciences, environmental science, or related discipline.
- Seven or more years’ experience managing environmental programs.
- At least five years of experience managing staff.
- Demonstrated experience in working with environmental regulatory agencies and federal land management agencies (e.g. US Forest Service, US National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, US Fish and Wildlife Service, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, etc.).
- Master’s Degree in an environmental discipline, management, or related.
- Ten or more years’ experience managing environmental programs.
- Ability to achieve results through leading leaders and managing multiple organizations, projects, and initiatives
- Continuous improvement mindset and collaborative work ethic.
- Energy Industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, teambuilding, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
You should know…
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.