CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Multi-scale Hydrology Processes and Intelligence group (MHPI), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is seeking a Research Associate in machine-learning-based landslide modeling.
The Research Associate will be:
- Modeling and geospatial analysis in the Google AI Impact Challenge project (https://sites.google.com/view/deepldb) where we create a landslide database and improve our predictive capability of the hazard
- Interacting with large groups of researchers
- Using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- Learning new methodologies in solving complex issues
- Strong, documented coding skill is a must for the position, while it is not limited to a particular programming language
- Requires a Master`s degree in Geoscience, Computer Science or a related field
- Background in machine learning or deep learning is a plus but not required