OneWorld Sustainable Investments (OneWorld), established in 2001 with offices in Cape Town and Brussels, is a sustainable development organisation focused on building social, economic, and institutional resilience in the context of climate and resource constraints. Working both globally and across Africa, OneWorld translates the scientific evidence of climate change and its development impacts into realistic policy and institutional arrangements. OneWorld provides effective policy and strategy analysis, institutional development, and capacity building to decision and policy makers. We develop innovative finance solutions for complex multi-stakeholder situations. OneWorld has cultivated strong relationships across the public and private sectors. We work extensively with national and local governments, international and multilateral agencies, development banks, regional economic communities, river basin organisations, and the private sector. Stakeholder engagement is a cornerstone of our approach. Central to our successful delivery is an extensive network of partners and experts.
OneWorld’s core competency lies in applying a political economy approach, systems thinking, integrated solutions, participatory analysis, and co-benefit assessments across our four key programmes:
Climate Change: Building and applying evidence of climate impacts for development, people and economies to inform inclusive policy strategies and financing solutions.
Natural Resources: Advancing governance and sustainable financing for water, land-use, and biodiversity resource development across administrative and political boundaries.
Just Transitions: Envisioning just transformational pathways and mobilising green economies to deliver low carbon societies where all benefit from the gains.
Urban Resilience: Facilitating sustainable urban densification, mobility and municipal governance reform for inclusive cities that secure development gains and enhance the lives of all citizens.
The research analyst will primarily manage and co-ordinate projects, conduct research, compile reports, engage with stakeholders as well as assist in proposal development.
Reporting and Management Structure
This position will report to the OneWorld management team, working with multi-disciplinary teams, researchers, external associates, project managers/coordinators, and technical advisors.
The research analyst will be required to:
- Co-manage and contribute to the development of OneWorld projects
- Contribute to OneWorld’s business development processes including client and partner relationships, proposal development and project finance planning
- Interface with government policy makers, funding agencies, and partner consulting firms
- Undertake research, analyse findings, write reports, and provide policy recommendations
- Regularly facilitate or co-facilitate project workshops
- Lead/manage stakeholder engagement and participatory analysis processes
- Support decision makers in applying project research and policy outcomes
- Present at meetings, conferences, and publish research outputs
This position is office-based, in Cape Town.
The following minimum qualifications and skills set requirements apply:
- A Masters qualification in Development Studies/Economic Development, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Natural Resources Management, Climate Change, Renewable Energy/Energy Transitions or a related discipline
- Proven track record of at least 3 years in some of the following areas – development, climate change and resilience, climate/sustainable finance, renewable energy, nature-based solutions, water resource security and management, institutional development, gender and youth mainstreaming, policy/policy review, and governance
- Proven experience in delivery of projects
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with ability to relay technical concepts and research in an easily understandable and relevant manner
Key behavioural requirements include:
- Proactive and solutions-orientated, with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proven interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Team player with ability to co-ordinate and work within complex, multi-disciplinary teams
- Well organized with the ability to effectively plan and prioritise tasks to achieve project deadlines
Remuneration for this position will be market based and calculated on a cost to company basis.
All applications must be made via the link below. Please open the link and complete the Application Assessment on the GorillaTest platform. The assessment will take approximately 50 minutes to complete and will require you to fill out information related to your experience and competencies. You will also be required to upload a motivation letter as well as your CV.
PLEASE NOTE: Email applications and incomplete online assessments will NOT be considered.
Deadline: Please submit your applications by 30 September 2023.