BORDA e.V. (Bremen Overseas Research & Development Association) is an expert NGO from Germany specialized in full-cycle decentralized sanitation and small town integrated urban development. For over 40 years, our award-winning solutions have empowered people and set new standards in 20+ countries around the world. We aim to play a leading role in international efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. We have been actively implementing project in South Asia for last 30+ years through our local partners. Through earned trust and strong partnerships, our locally tailored solutions bring together sustainable technology, holistic planning, and supportive long-term policies. Our key areas of action including planning, project coordination and supervision support to partners, capacity building and dissemination of project learnings. We are a professional organization and a great place to work which strives to create passionate and driven individuals who want to make a large social impact.
Job Code: 1
Job Profile: Technical Expert – Integrated Water Management (IWM)
Min. Exp.: 8+ years’ experience and a minimum of 3 years in a Senior position in the sector with Govt./ NGO is desirable.
Age: Not above 45 years
• To liaise with Partners, clients, contractors and service providers involved in the implementation of projects.
• To check and approve final technical concepts and detailed designs and drawings for execution before sending these to external parties.
• To assess site supervision reports and support the senior management and authorised Representative of the project in taking decisions and further
action in technical matters.
• To assist Partners in the selection of Engineers for construction projects.
• To introduce Engineering staff to Project specifications.
• To ensure preparation of technical reports on schedule, in line with annual plans of operation (POO).
• Preparation of feasible study reports, DPRs and their assessment alongwith analysis of budgeting and costing.
• To assess and submit weekly supervision reports of the project as per the annual POOs.
• To follow up and ensure timely completion of the Project.
• To ensure preparation of periodic progress reports including briefs on ongoing and planned activities.
• To execute any other work assigned by the management and authorised project Head
• Provide input and support in relevant trainings and workshops
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and Master’s Degree in related subject for IWM projects. Additional Management degree/diploma and training in water, wastewater and sanitation sector would be added advantage.
Assignment and reporting:
Reporting to the Director and authorized Project Head.
Candidate with experience in handling a team of Engineers and other staff; should be capable of taking over functions and responsibilities of Technical Unit; innovative solutions and practical knowledge of designing and conceptualization of engineering aspects of water, wastewater and sanitation infrastructure and working with timeframes and timely deliverables is essential.
Required Skill Set:
8+ years’ experience and a minimum of 3 years in a Senior position in the sector with Govt./ NGO is desirable.
Relevant Industry: Construction, Business & NGOs
Industry compatible and in accordance with experience and qualifications.
The last date of receiving the application is 3rd May 2020.