Program Assistant, Institute for Sustainable Communities, Pune
1. POSITION VACANT: Program Assistant, Institute for Sustainable Communities, Pune
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is an international not-for-profit organization, that helps communities around the world address environmental, economic and social challenges, to build a better future shaped and shared by all.
ISC builds the capacity of local leaders and organizations to address important global issues, including climate change, sustainable development and environmental protection, resulting in embedded capacity and lasting change.
Headquartered in Vermont, USA, ISC has its India offices in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. It works across the globe to help communities, cities, industry and NGOs, accomplish environmental, economic, and social goals. ISC has led more than 110 projects in 30 countries and currently works in Asia and USA.
For more information about ISC, please visit https://sustain.org
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
ISC wishes to recruit an outstanding, young, professional, to fill the vacancy for Program Assistant (PA) to support the Sustainable Cotton Project, in India. The project will work on measures to reduce climate – related vulnerability of cotton farmers to create a climate resilient cotton production system.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Associate Director, the PA shall be responsible for the following:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Facilitate implementation of the organization’s water and agriculture program and its action plans; Contribute to field activities and assist in the scaling-up of field initiatives;
(2) Build relationships with local partners, government officials and the community, to set-up and implement project deliverables;
(3) Develop reports, papers and briefs, based on the analysis of data generated, as a part of project activities;
(4) Undertake standard project management tasks, including the drafting of project concepts, preparation of work plans and managing contracts with consultants and partners;
(5) Evaluate and monitor performance of all activities for accomplishing project objectives and ensuring timely reporting;
(6) Develop an effective outreach strategy that supports program objectives;
(7) Organize workshops/ meetings and prepare background documents and other relevant documents, for wider dissemination;
(8) Represent the organization in forums, including conferences and meetings.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Master’s degree in Agriculture/ Agriculture Economics/ Environment Management;
(1) Minimum three to five years of experience in the areas of Sustainable Agriculture, Resource Conservation and/or Livelihood Enhancement;
(2) Prior experience of working with not for profit organizations, implementing programs in water, agriculture and rural livelihoods;
(3) Experience of undertaking socio-economic surveys, including data collection and analysis.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong research and analytical skills;
(2) Good communication, project execution and planning skills;
(3) Ability to multi-task along with a strong, result-oriented approach;
(4) Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks under time constraints;
(5) Manage tasks with considerable independence, competence and discretion;
(6) Ability to communicate effectively in English and Hindi;
(7) Knowledge of Marathi is a must;
(8) Willingness to travel (minimum 40% of the time).
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs. 6 lacs per annum. The actual offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Pune
7. REFERENCE: PA-ISC
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/ISC, by or before April 30, 2020.