Program Officer, Institute for Sustainable Communities, New Delhi
1. POSITION VACANT: Program Officer, Institute for Sustainable Communities, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is an international not-for-profit organization, that helps communities around the world address environmental, economic and social challenges, to build a better future shaped and shared by all.
ISC builds the capacity of local leaders and organizations to address important global issues, including climate change, sustainable development and environmental protection, resulting in embedded capacity and lasting change.
Headquartered in Vermont, USA, ISC has its India offices in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. It works across the globe to help communities, cities, industry and NGOs, accomplish environmental, economic, and social goals. ISC has led more than 110 projects in 30 countries and currently works in Asia and USA.
For more information about ISC, please visit https://sustain.org
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
ISC wishes to recruit an outstanding, young, professional, to fill the vacancy for Program Officer (PO) to support the Sustainable Cotton Project, in India. The project will work on measures to reduce climate – related vulnerability of cotton farmers to create a climate resilient cotton production system.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Program Officer shall be responsible for the following:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Conduct research on climate change mitigation/ adaptation issues that have an impact on people, natural resources and agriculture and build understanding and awareness of these, amongst key stakeholders;
(2) Facilitate integration of climate risk in the water and agriculture program across different states, by designing project interventions, engaging for implementation and measuring impact;
(3) Facilitate implementation of the organization’s water and agriculture program and its action plans; Contribute to field activities and assist in the scaling-up of field initiatives;
(4) Build relationships with local partners, government officials and the community, to set up and implement project deliverables;
(5) Undertake standard project management tasks, including drafting project concepts, preparing budgets and work plans, managing contracts with consultants and partners, and completing timely reports for donors;
(6) Develop and contribute to research activities related to the climate change/ water management/ sustainable agriculture themes;
(7) Develop reports, papers and briefs, based on the analysis of data generated, as a part of project activities;
(8) Develop an effective outreach strategy that supports program objectives;
(9) Organize workshops/ meetings and prepare background documents and other relevant documents for wider dissemination;
(10) Represent the organization in forums including conferences and meetings.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Master’s degree in Climate Science/ Environmental Science/ Natural Resources, or related discipline.
(1) Minimum eight to 10 years of experience in the areas of climate change and sustainability, environment conservation and/or water resource management;
(2) In-depth knowledge of key issues, trends, landscape and key actors in the environment and climate domains;
(3) Experience of both qualitative and quantitative data analysis and technical report writing;
(4) Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, including businesses, government, academia and civil society organisations.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong research and analytical skills;
(2) Good communication, project execution and planning skills;
(3) Ability to multi-task, along with a strong result-oriented approach;
(4) Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks under time constraints;
(5) Manage tasks with considerable independence, competence and discretion;
(6) Ability to communicate effectively in English and Hindi;
(7) Willingness to travel (minimum 40% of the time).
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs. 9 lacs per annum. The actual offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Delhi
7. REFERENCE: PO-ISC
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/ISC, by or before April 30, 2020.