Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (Organisation site)
Water Legislation and Policy; Water Policy; Policy; Brisbane City
Operating from within Water Policy, you will lead and manage a team that plays a key role in the development, analysis and implementation of policy and legislative frameworks related to Queensland’s urban water sector. This will include strategically focusing on identifying necessary policy actions and enhancing existing frameworks to support South East Queensland’s water security.
• Lead and manage the provision of high level, expert and authoritative advice to senior management on complex policy issues and recommend policy initiatives that promote the optimal and sustainable development of Queensland’s resources.
• Lead and manage consultation and negotiations with industry stakeholders on complex and contentious issues relating to Queensland’s resources.
• Deliver and manage the delivery of priority government projects to meet departmental and broader government objectives in a timely manner.
• Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of complex reports, submissions, briefing notes, legislation, presentations, speeches, publications and correspondence for consideration by senior management and executive management.
• Exercise judgement, authority and high level influence to effectively coordinate the management of divisional requirements and competing team priorities.
• Build and manage positive working relationships and partnerships with colleagues and with other levels of government, industry and non-government organisations to achieve policy outcomes and deliver on Government commitments.
• Represent the department’s vision, values and strategic agenda with clients, stakeholders, external organisations and other State and Commonwealth agencies.
• Contribute to divisional business planning and resource prioritisation processes.
• Ensure a culture of service delivery and high performance that recognises the unique contribution of the individ-ual, encourages personal and team development, and encourages an appropriate work/life balance.
• Manage, mentor, coach and train staff in their development to ensure the necessary skills and motivation exist to respond to service delivery requirements and perform to a high level of skill and expertise.
• Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.