Bring your talent, energy and experience to this unique opportunity. The Fraser Basin Council (FBC) is seeking a full-time staff member who has a background in effective program implementation and administration, with an interest in supporting sustainable community development. Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, the Program Coordinator will provide administrative and operational support to the team in FBC’s Prince George office on existing and new programs for the region, including but not limited to local government support.
Event and Program Coordination
- Providing coordination and administrative support to collaborative groups, including the
- North Central Local Government Association (NCLGA), for which the Fraser Basin Council serves as secretariat, and for the Fraser Basin Council’s regional committee
- Planning, designing and organizing logistical details and providing on-site support for board meetings, teleconferences and other related events.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of various print and online communications, including media releases, newsletters and social media and online platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, website/blog maintenance)
- Tracking correspondence and acting as the primary point of contact by answering telephone, written and email inquiries
- Providing information to government, private sector, community and resident interests on the activities of the Fraser Basin Council and on key sustainability issues in the region.
Administration / Operations
- Assisting in the preparation of background reports, briefing notes, progress reports, funding reports and presentations for the NCLGA Board of Directors, project partners and other external audiences
- Providing assistance and support for the effective operations of collaborative groups, which includes committee meeting planning, note-taking and liaison with committee members as needed
- Providing assistance and support for sound financial management within the NCLGA program, which work includes tracking project expenditures and payables
- Participating in Fraser Basin Council staff meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong coordination skills and demonstrated experience in managing and tracking projects or contracts
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize work and manage multiple activities concurrently
- Experience in the planning and delivery of meetings, workshops and events
- Excellent writing and well-developed interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the environmental, economic and social dimensions of sustainability issues, policies and practices to support sustainable communities and local government
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Critical thinking, initiative, creativity and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and ability to track and manage budgets and expenditures
- Willingness to travel within BC and to work occasional weekends and evenings
- University/college degree in community, regional, land use or environmental planning; resource and environmental management; political science; geography; biology and/or expertise as relevant to the position.
About the Fraser Basin Council
The Fraser Basin Council (FBC) is a non-profit society that advances sustainability in the Fraser River Basin and throughout BC. Established in 1997, the Council is a collaboration of four orders of government (Federal, Provincial, Local and First Nations) and those from the private sector and civil society. FBC helps bring people together to find solutions to sustainability issues, and works on such issues as flood management, climate change action and adaptation, air quality, green fleets, sustainable watersheds and fisheries, and sustainability reporting and education.
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hrs/week)
Location: Prince George, BC
Term: May 2020 – May 2021 (Maternity Leave)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter by April 24, 2020 (5:00 PM PST) to the email address listed in the job description on our website: https://www.fraserbasin.bc.ca/careers.html
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thanks to all who apply for this position.