Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas through partners.Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these threeessentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlocktheir potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change lives for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid India’s country office is based in New Delhi with Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular, through direct services, and millions more through our influencing work.
WaterAid India is looking to recruit a senior project management specialist in Bangalore preferably with experience in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) to lead a project team that works to improve the lives of waste picker families and informal waste collectors in Bengaluru, in coordination and association with like-minded partners. WaterAid strives to ensure WASH needs of marginalized wastepicker families and informal waste collectors are assessed, appropriate awareness on WASH is created in their communities, WASH demonstrations and models are created to address their immediate needs while working with local private and government agencies to ensure their long term usage and sustainability. This is intended to improve lives and livelihoods of waste picker communities and help improve their quality and dignity of life.
Responsible for managing the project towards fulfilment of project deliverables, in consultation with stakeholders. Providing leadership on Water, Sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and technical assistance as below:
- Establish waste pickers exclusion from WASH services and map available opportunities
- Create awareness among waste pickers communities and collectives on WASH rights
- Work with waste picker communities to help them exercise their WASH rights
- Demonstrate WASH models in selected settlements of waste pickers
- Ensure local government recognition and commitment to address WASH gaps among waste picker community
Team management and operational responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategy in implementation of WASH strategies and interventions
- Provide implementation support for demonstration of approaches in the intervention area
- Plan, delegate, coordinate day to day activities within desired timelines with partner and team
- Undertake continuous performance monitoring and evaluation to maintain quality standards
- Lead, manage and motivate the team, creating an environment that enables team to maximize their potential and facilitate high performance
- Work with internal stakeholders including WaterAid’s Communications Team to ensure effective documentation of the work implemented
- Establish and manage working relationship with diverse set of stakeholders – including project partner NGOs and INGOs, and CBOs working with project beneficiaries
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with concerned government departments at Bengaluru and as required at the State level
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing state/ district level consultations /workshops / conferences as required in the project
- Responsible for representing WaterAid approach and work in relevant forums
Donor Reporting and Budget Management
- Responsible for developing periodic progress and financial reports and other project documents
- Responsible for developing case studies, newsletters, media engagement, etc.
- Produce high quality donor report to be shared with stakeholders.
- Identify, establish, align with relevant organizations to address advocacy needs of the project
- Develop advocacy plans in project intervention area and take up sustained engagement with government and private stakeholders on the same
- Participate in relevant meetings that have bearing on the project including meetings with management of employer organization
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the WaterAid India management team
Eligibilities and requirements
Post-graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social development/ environmental science/ equivalent from a premier institution
- Between 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience in similar organizational context, significant part of it in urban context
- At least 5 years of project management experience – donor and partner facing
- Good experience in report writing and documentation
- Prior experience of team management and coordination, capacity building and quality assurance will be an added advantage
- Able to quickly make sense of multiple sets of data, documents and viewpoints
- Demonstrated competency in formulating and implementing strategies, analytical skills and applying technical expertise.
- Self-starter – Ability to work independently and minimal supervision
- Able to speak, read and write fluently in English and Kannada
- Good communications and presentation skills in English
- Above average Microsoft Office Skills
- Good report writing skills
- Able to travel extensively within Bangalore
- Experience of a multi-stakeholder environment and managing diverse set of partners
- Field experience in managing projects
- Experience of working with technically skilled teams
- Some knowledge of technical writing and project related documentation
- Proactive and capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- Stable career track
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered.
- Completed applications should be sent to [email protected] Closing date: 24th April 2020
- For further information on this job vacancy, please visit www.wateraidindia.in
- Qualified response will be considered on a rolling basis – quick response would be appreciated
- females are encouraged to apply
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview