Uzbekistan nationals: National Water Resources Expert
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
, , UZ
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The TA requires the services of a Water Resources Expert for support in preparation of the Climate
Adaptive Water Resources Management in the Aral Sea Basin Project.
Scope of Work
The consultant will support ADB project officer in preparation of the Climate Adaptive Water Resources
Management in the Aral Sea Basin Project. He/She will work under the overall supervision of the project
officer. The consultant will work in close liaison with ADB’s Environment, Natural Resources and
Agriculture Division of Central and West Asia Department (CWER), ADB’s Uzbekistan Resident Mission
(URM), and government counterparts.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
The consultant will undertake the following main tasks:
• Provide support to CWER’s consultation, review, and fact-finding (appraisal) missions, including but
not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data
and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
• Conduct follow up work as assigned to ensure that project preparation remains on track and agreements
and understandings reached with the government are followed up.
• Contribute to agriculture and water resources sector analyses and strategy work by assisting in
conducting research, updating information, analyzing financial, institutional or economic data, and
preparing relevant reports for the project.
• Contribute to preparation of project implementation arrangements, and capacity assessment of executing
and implementing agencies in procurement, and financial management.
• Help to organize, contribute to, support, and participate in project related meetings, conferences,
seminars, and workshops.
• Produce reports, as required, on the tasks undertaken in relation to the above.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The consultant should have a bachelor’s degree in water resources management or other related fields and
at least 8 years of relevant work experience; and detailed knowledge of the policies and procedures of
international financing agencies in preparation and management of agriculture and water resources
The consultant should also be able to meet the following requirements:
• suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level;
• demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational processes and procedures international
financial institutions such as ADB; proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on
difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate
computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports
• ability to work effectively, proactively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment;
• flexibility/willingness to perform variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities
• ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government,
donor agencies and executing agencies;
• strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• strong planning, organizational, administrative and customer service skills;
• proficiency in English, Russian, and Uzbek languages;
• proficiency in operating computers and using office software packages, for performing word processing,
spreadsheets, graphics and database applications;
• familiarity with Uzbekistan government procedures, structure and institutions
• good writing skills (reports, letters, memorandums)
• strong leadership skills
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.