Deputy Chief of Party (Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity)
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position on a USAID-funded program based in Kazakhstan with a regional focus on Central Asia. The Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity seeks to strengthen regional cooperation on shared water resources and address current and emerging challenges to promote stability, economic prosperity, and healthy ecosystems in Central Asia.
This activity will focus on delivering objectives that address strengthening educational institutions within the integrated water resource management/water/energy/agriculture nexus in the region, enhancing national and regional initiatives that focus on transboundary water cooperation and allocation through a common economic cost/benefit lens, and addressing selected emerging, regional, and national environmental challenges present in some or all Central Asian countries.
Position Description/Summary: Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination with project technical staff and external partners, the DCOP will ensure the timely and effective delivery of project activities and results. The DCOP will provide technical leadership for one or more project components, support the COP in project management and donor relations, and serve as the technical and program point of contact in the absence of the COP. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
* Advanced degree in water resource management or a related field;
* Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in successful implementation of integrated water resource management (IWRM), transboundary water cooperation, or water and environment programs;
* Demonstrated understanding of the water sector in Central Asia or similar environments; Expertise in water governance, conflict resolution, capacity-building, or cross-sectoral programs addressing water, food, and energy linkages is preferred;
* At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in program management for USAID or other donor-funded development projects;
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build coalitions with a diverse range of stakeholders across government, academic, civil society, and local resource users;
* Professional fluency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in Russian is strongly preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.