Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated Communications Director position on a USAID-funded program based in Kazakhstan with a regional focus on Central Asia. The Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity seeks to strengthen regional cooperation on shared water resources and address current and emerging challenges to promote stability, economic prosperity, and healthy ecosystems in Central Asia.
This activity will focus on delivering objectives that address strengthening educational institutions within the integrated water resource management/water/energy/agriculture nexus in the region, enhancing national and regional initiatives that focus on transboundary water cooperation and allocation through a common economic cost/benefit lens, and addressing selected emerging, regional, and national environmental challenges present in some or all Central Asian countries.
Position Description/Summary: The Communications Director will oversee development and implementation of effective project communications and knowledge management strategies. The Communications Director will work with project technical staff and external partners to build effective networks for exchange across local, national, and regional networks, ensure adaptive management of project strategies, maximize lesson learning, and facilitate sharing of project results with target audiences. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Advanced degree preferred;
* Minimum ten (10) years’ experience implementing knowledge management and communications activities for donor-funded projects; experience with USG-funded programs preferred;
* Experience developing and delivering effective communications and outreach efforts and highlighting project successes for local, regional and global audiences;
* Understanding of communications norms and target audiences in Central Asia;
* Demonstrated ability to manage effective knowledge exchange and communication across geographically-dispersed partners, including government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
*Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
* Strong written and oral presentation skills in English required. Proficiency in Russian is strongly preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.