Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in hydrogeology, groundwater hydrology, groundwater modelling and management or related fields;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in transboundary groundwater use and management, especially proven experience in the regional or internal, or similar with focus on groundwater use and management for agriculture studies, research, development, and management, preferably on both practical field experiences and academic research;
- In-depth and proven knowledge and skills in hydrological science, groundwater modelling, especially MODFLOW, safe yield mapping, transboundary aquifers management action plan and road map development, groundwater data management;
- Experience in preparation and organizing of training courses on groundwater data collection, modelling, and management;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with a wide range of people and to work in a multicultural environment;
- Practical experience with good knowledge of the Mekong riparian countries or similar tropical regions is a strong asset;
- Ability to work and cooperate in international working environments is essential;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; working knowledge of riparian languages is an advantage;
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RX6PNG8. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 28 April 2020