Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (Organisation site)
Water Services; Central Region; Natural Resources; Mackay*
Operating from within Central Region, this position provides water management support, including Customer enquiries and applications, catchment auditing, compliance and investigation related activities within the Regional area, to a diverse range of internal and external clients.
As a Project Officer, Water Services, you will be a member of a larger team that manages the State’s Natural Resources through the implementation of legislation and policy. You will advise, negotiate and consult with landholders, industry and community stakeholders on natural resource management issues. You will need to proactively participate in an enthusiastic team to build a positive, outcomes-focused culture. This position will be based with the Water Services work unit, focusing on Water Management and Use.
• Oversee, investigate and report on water entitlement applications, breaches of entitlement conditions, complaints, and disputes relating to all water resources regulated by the Department
• Provide expert advice to internal and external clients on the Water Act 2000 and relevant parts of the Planning Act 2016
• Carry out resource audits to determine the extent of development and usage of water resources within the catchment area
• Advise management and project teams on resource management issues through the preparation of briefs and correspondence, as well as representing the Department in community forums.
• Lead and manage a project team, communicate and facilitate effectively with staff, management, clients, industry representatives and the general public in providing water management services
• Prepare and review written reports, including investigation outcome recommendations and field audits, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• You will be required to drive a motor vehicle
• Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
*Position location is Mackay preferred with other Central Region locations negotiable
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.