DevWorks is recruiting for a Senior Water Advisor to support the Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Regional Innovation Hub in South and Southeast (S/SE) Asia. The goal of WE4F is to support enterprises to scale their innovations that impact the sectors of food, water, and energy in order to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains, improve energy and water efficiency, and improve climate resilient agriculture in developing countries and emerging markets.
The Senior Water Advisor will serve as the senior technical expert in water for agriculture for the WE4F S/SE Asia Regional Innovation Hub. They will ensure technical excellence in program implementation related to water across the region – including business development services to enterprises in the water sector and enabling environment interventions. They will support program learning at the national and regional level and contribute to knowledge development. The Senior Water Advisor will also represent the project and share lessons learned at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders. The LOE for this position is expected to be 20-30% throughout the life of the project.
- 10 or more years of experience implementing donor-funded projects focused on water in S/SE Asia.
- Demonstrated expertise investigating and providing consultative services on technical questions and policy issues related to water for agricultural use and enterprise development.
- Strong understanding of water policy issues and the business enabling environment in S/SE Asia.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and represent the project at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders, including donors, governments, private sector actors, and local communities.
- Experience building the capacity of small and medium enterprises and providing training/mentoring to project staff.
- Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of current methods and priorities in program monitoring, data collection, and evaluation.
- Master’s degree or higher in a water and/or development-related field, such as engineering, hydrology, water resources management, public administration, or business.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Water Advisor”.