The WASH Coordinator – will provide overall managerial & technical support to all projects related to WASH in his/her field office, The WASH Coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of all WASH project’s activities and with support from WASH PM and Field Manager, she/he will work closely with the programme implementation team and ensure high quality programme implementation n their respective area both in WASH in community/camp and WASH in Collection Centre/Community and institutions specially Health care Facilities/Schools/Community Centre. He/she represent SC Response Team in front of WASH partners in the field and as necessary will participate in WASH WG in field level.
He/she will work with other sector’s staff and field teams to support field level advocacy on WASH As part of SC’s dual mandate, the WASH Coordinator will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Planning and Implementation
· With supports from Senior WASH PM or WASH PM and Field Manager, develop, implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement in his/her respective area.
· Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan. Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the Senior WASH PM or WASH PM and Field Manager and addressed in an appropriate and timely way.
· Support the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation.
· Support the WASH TA and senior WASH PM or WASH PM, towards adapting hygiene promotion training manuals to specific local context both at community and school levels; including identification of key hygiene promotion activities as per the context.
· Coordinate rehabilitation works in health facilities, schools, TLSs, Community Centres, Collective Centre and in communities including design and supervision of work contracts ensuring that they are completed in time and within budget.
· Work with other team members of save the children (WASH and non-WASH) working in the same communities/ Collective Centres, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different sector of the intervention.
· Technically support the engineers and implementation partners to supervise contractors to ensure work is completed as per the specification, safety standards and SCI construction policy, is within budget and is signed off by the appropriate authority in timely manner.
· Regular field visits to the operational sites at least 40%-50% of the working hours for the close supervision of the ongoing operation in the field and to make sure that feet SCI`s policies, roles and regulations.
· Monthly review of the warehouse tracker and accordingly send the required feedback to the Log team to make sure that everything on track and cleared before the closing of the grants.
· Contribute in strengthen coordination and integration among Health and Nutrition, Education, CP, FSL, Shelter /Infra programmes and develop ideas for integration of hygiene promotion activities with health and nutrition interventions including adopting learning from previous WASH responses/hygiene promotion activities.
Staff supervision and Capacity Building/mentorship
· Supervise and monitor direct reports ensuring that they are empowered to achieve their performance objectives and program results
· Conduct performance reviews of direct reports and support them to set performance objectives
· Build capacity of WASH team in technical and administrative areas
· Identify any staffing issues (day-to-day management and/or technical issues) and coordinate closely with the Field Manager to resolve them.
· Support senior WASH PM or WASH PM on build the capacity of the WASH staff and implementation partners through different types of trainings for WASH/Managerial aspects.
· Where and when required, review proposal, outputs and indicators, budgets and BvAs with the WASH team to ensure timely delivery of programmes
· Identify capacity gaps and opportunities for WASH staff according their regular performance evaluation and support as per the resources available. Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
· Ensure that all program data is properly and regularly collected by field staff, check data and ensure that it is logically presented to the Field Manager and/or senior WASH PM or WASH PM
· Contribute to the preparation of internal reports in his/her respective office.
· Support on and complete bi-weekly sitrep reports and data to feed into the monthly MEAL reports (OT & IPTT) in his/her field office
· Participate in team reviews of results and program progress in his/her field office.
· Assist and support in reviewing quality benchmark and reports in his/her field office
· Support field teams and partners to carry out regular monitoring to measure and report on achievement and progress towards project objectives and results in his/her field office
· Carry out field monitoring visits to document observations and experiences and share them with Field Manager and WASH PM, contribute to internal and external reporting including sitreps and other MEAL related activities.
· Work with MEAL team to ensure that WASH field staff have capacity and supported to carry out the tasks. With support from the MEAL team put in place a MEAL plan to ensure links to reporting requirements, and capacity build WASH field staff in carrying out the work.
· With support from the Accountability lead ensure accountability mechanism in place to collect client’s feedback regularly and ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design.
University degree in Environmental health, Civil Engineering, or any other relevant fields
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in management of water and sanitation (management of committees of water and sanitation and supervision of building and rehabilitation of wells and borehole),
· Experience and understanding of Hygiene Promotion Campaign in community and institutions
· Understanding and Commitment in Child Safeguarding and child rights,
· Work experience in emergency programs preferable in the water and sanitation/ hygiene sector,
· Large experience in training and facilitation capacities at community level in the committees of water management
· Experience in Budget Control and project development with major focus in WASH
· Good human resource management skills
· Work experience with local partners, government and organization based in the community.
· Excellent abilities in planning, implementing and monitoring different activities
· Capacity to work in team/high level of motivation, responsibility and dedicated to the tasks/ capacity to communicate with others and motivate then/ willing to new ideas, · Be humble with the community, colleagues and other people that will be in contact with Save the Children
· Be ethical in your work. Be dynamic, innovative and creative · Be focused and oriented to the outcomes,
· Capacity to work under pressure and disponible to work when needed
· Knowledge written and oral communication abilities in English language
· Have knowledge in computing (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, Autocad, GIS, Internet and other software’s)