Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher education in international relations, water laws, public communication, natural water resources management, or related fields;
- At least 10 years of experience in IWRM and natural resource management;
- Understanding and knowledge of, and working experience with the implementation the 1995 Mekong Agreement and the MRC Procedures;
- In-depth understanding and practical experience in transboundary water governance and the water diplomacy instruments/tools have been used by the MRC, as well as the diverse economic and political interests and concern of the MRC Member Countries;
- Demonstrated extensive experience in coordinating and facilitating water diplomacy dialogues on sensitive water management, and water diplomacy technical training sessions;
- Understanding of and working experience with the implementation of the prior consultation processes undertaken by the MRC to date;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the public;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing with a wide range of people; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/82HFMLS. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 22 April 2020