The Roving WASH coordinator is responsible to coordinating, facilitate and ensuring timely delivery of SWAN WASH activities according to the project operation standard procedure(SOP). The post holder is responsible to coordinate WASH activities at the response woredas as well as liaising with local government, consortium members, national and regional WASH cluster coordinator where SWAN project is operational.
The Roving WASH coordinator is also responsible to ensuring the humanitarian needs and gaps are properly assessed at SWAN proposed WASH interventions such as water trucking operation, WASH non-food item (NFI) distribution, water treatment chemicals, rehabilitate/maintenance, leading the preparation of WASH integrated response plans and provide technical support on Hygiene and Sanitation promotion activity, Cholera/AWD prevention and preparedness actions, preparing water trucking and NFI distribution modalities according to the project objective and in line with cluster standards
S/He will also coordinate SWAN WASH projects implementation in the field offices where SWAN is intervening. In close coordination with consortium members, humanitarian department, WASH teams at all levels, will responsible to provide technical guidance, conduct assessments, periodic supervision and organizing review meetings, as well as capacity building to WASH staffs and WASH partners to ensure the SWAN WASH responses of high quality and achieves the programme objectives.
Coordinate and facilitate SWAN WASH activities in close consultation with consortium lead, humanitarian and WASH teams and also field office manager, project manager at field level and Addis Ababa, staff in the field, other technical advisors and senior managers at all level.
- Review WASH response plans and requests come from the field office, consortium members and cluster request. Provide timely feedback in consolation with PM and PDQ WASH team
- Represent SWAN WASH projects and participate in the consortium technical coordination meetings with consortium members to facilitate effective and coordinated joint response.
- Support SWAN and consortium members in developing response plan through conducting assessments such as cholera/AWD, NFI distribution, water trucking operation and delivery of training programs, support hygiene and sanitation promotion to target communities, government and partners’ staffs based on identified and agreed needs
- Prepare and review technical specifications details (including materials specification, cost break down) and provide technical supports at all levels.)
- Asses and design the best and suitable way to WASH responses (water trucking NFI distribution, H&S promotion… etc.) in consultation with WASH technical advisors, water office and beneficiary community
- conduct WASH need assessment at SWAN response areas at all regions jointly with partners and produce assessment report and advise the project for response.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with SWAN intervention area key partners and relevant local authorities and communities
- Represents SWAN WASH project as focal person at various meeting as required
- Follow up, monitor and supervise day to day activities of SWAN WASH emergency responses and take corrective measures if any
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit timely
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by supervisor
- Develop good relations with other consortium members NGOs
- The post holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children Policies and procedures with respect to Child Safe Guarding, Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, Fraud Bribery and Corruption, and Code of Conduct
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIANCE REQUIRED
- BSC. degree in hydraulics, water resources engineering, environmental health related field with a minimum of 5 years related work experience in the area of emergency WASH out of which at least 2 years in humanitarian response
- Experience in working with in international NOGs, consortium projects management, government counterparts and other partners at various levels – federal, region to woreda levels. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
- Excellent understanding of Emergency WASH issues in Ethiopia/Region at both field and policy levels.
- Experience in implementing Emergency WASH project.
- Demonstrable experience in emergency WASH project management
- Good presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to train and mentor staff
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Good spoken and written English,
- Good computer and report writing skill