Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise, monitor and control the overall construction and rehabilitation activities of the WASH facilities, and infrastructure in IDPs Camps.
· Close monitoring of the implementation of water and sanitation infrastructure.
· Conduct technical assessments, engineering studies and designs for various WASH infrastructure in IDPs camps.
· Ensure that proper water quality management activities are undertaken in alignment with ACTED’s water quality standards
· Oversee and advise on planning and selection of suppliers, material, etc. and confirm the quality of services and materials.
· Prepare understandable BOQs for various services in collaboration with the Senior WASH Engineer.
· Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders.
· Share program-related information on the status of activities and achievement to Chief WASH Engineer.
· Contribute in rapid/ need assessments for new IDPs sites.
· Participate in emergency response activities as needed.
· Bachelor Degree in civil, Environmental, Water, mechanical, or electrical engineering
· Minimum 3 years of Engineering experience. Working in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department is highly desired.
· Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
· Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
· Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
· Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office), AutoCAD, Water CAD and Epanet is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
· Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills is desired
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants must fill the application form by this link https://forms.gle/rrzzF2Pndebo1PqP7
no later than 16 April 2020.