CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- In several countries, the lack of experience in outbreak management, poor IPC standards & gaps in specific technical expertise are leading to slow & inadequate preparedness & response causing thousands of healthcare workers infected, increase number of people ill & an irrational use of PPE.
- In order to strengthen the global preparedness & response, SHO would like to make available & share with state members its in house specialised expertise & technical know how moving the support to countries level. In the context of the UN health emergencies incident management system, the incumbent will have the responsibility to support WASH & IPC activities according to the ‘’Operational Support for the COVID-19 preparedness, readiness & response’’ frame as per table underneath.
- Countries, MoHs, authorities, following a needs assessment, will be able to request specific support according to the epidemiological scenario identified at country or regional level. The Health Logistic Expert will provide targeted technical support, according to the specific request received, through field visits & technical reports. S / He will work in close collaboration with the help desk for all kind of technical drawing & construction proposal.
- First Level Supervisor: OSL HQ.
- Second Level Supervisor: COVID-19 Incident Manager.
|Key competencies||Educational qualifications:|
– University Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Biology or any other scientific field, from a recognised university.
– Master’s Degree or professional qualification in WASH & / or IPC from an accredited/ recognised institute.
– At least 10 years of relevant experience in WASH & IPC including at least 1 cumulative year of experience in VHF, flue pandemic, SARS, MERS treatment centre construction & management.
– Experience in developing countries. Prior humanitarian working experience at field level, with our client, other UN agency, health cluster partners recognised humanitarian organisations or with an international nongovernmental organisation.
– Excellent knowledge of English or French (depending on the country of assignment). Working knowledge of another UN official language would be an asset.
− Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications. Demonstrated computer skills with emphasis on construction & 3D software.
− Operationalisation of Technical Expertise: Applies specialised & detailed technical expertise to guide structural & operational interventions. Expert must understand & operate effectively in hazard emergency contexts, demonstrating knowledge of the international emergency response systems & disease outbreak environments.
− Communication: Expresses clearly in conversation & interaction with others. Produces effective written communications. Need strong communication & negotiation skills that can bring opposing opinions amongst a diverse array of stakeholders to an acceptable compromise.
Functional knowledge & skills:
− Excellent organisational & managerial skills with the ability to multitask, deliver results in time critical scenarios, identify & solve problems.
− Proven ability to ensure the effective use of resources.
− Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural, multidisciplinary environment.
− Thorough knowledge of WASH & IPC within outbreak contexts.
− Excellent organisational & analytical skills with the ability to coordinate activities & multitask.
− Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with & convince officials with tact & diplomacy.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- This role may be based globally & would require candidates to travel to countries that are directly affected most by COVID-19.
- This roles is being advertised for Roster / Talent building purposes & does not necessarily indicate immediate hiring.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.