Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group aspires to be recognised as a leading responsible, sustainable and inclusive organisation for colleagues, customers, communities and other stakeholders, whose purpose is Helping Britain Prosper.
The Group has set an ambitious goal to work with customers, Government and the market to help reduce the emissions we finance by more than 50 per cent by 2030,
supporting the UK’s ambition to be net zero by 2050 and the 2015 Paris Agreement
Insurance & Wealth (I&W) have developed several environmental sustainability focused client propositions to date and is looking to further expand this activity. This is will support its ambition to be a leading UK insurer in improving the resilience of customers’ lives against extreme weather caused by climate change.
The Senior Manager, Environmental Sustainability Propositions role will be responsible for ensuring that General Insurance develop an ongoing pipeline of commercially and ethically successful sustainable insurance propositions and partnerships for clients in the General Insurance segment, ensuring that activity is coordinated across the Insurance & Wealth division, and is in alignment with the Group Environmental Sustainability activity.
The Senior Manager position in General Insurance will report to the Group Environmental Sustainability team but will be embedded in General Insurance to collaborate closely with business in the development of the propositions.
The propositions will be developed and maintained in line with best practice, client and market insights, and deliver on the Group’s leadership ambitions in competitive markets.
Location for the role is flexible.
- Lead on the development of market leading sustainable insurance propositions related to insurance products within the General Insurance, working collaboratively with the broader I&W business teams to ensure the propositions are in line with the Group’s Sustainability Strategy and best practice in the wider marketplace.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop colleagues to contribute to building a high-performing team focused on the Environmental Sustainability propositions.
- Use expertise in sustainability and proposition development, and up to date client and market insights, to shape new products and thought-leadership activities, collaborating actively with the Group Environmental Sustainability team.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding and appreciation of competitor activity on environmental sustainability propositions, emerging themes and regulatory developments in the Insurance Sector to inform I&W’s own activity and to feed in to the business as appropriate.
- Lead and engage with senior leadership across General Insurance as appropriate, to ensure appropriate risk and governance processes are being adhered to.
- Support General Insurance and Group Environmental Sustainability team interaction with regulators and policy makers as required related to environmental sustainability topics that impact the General Insurance segment.
- Develop a strong network of internal and external stakeholders that may be delivery partners or important market players for the General Insurance environmental sustainability activities.
- Serve as a senior expert on environmental sustainability issues as they relate to insurance, and work across the division and the Group to create market-leading solutions to those issues.
- Serve as a senior environmental sustainability ambassador within the General Insurance division, raising the profile of activity and achievements towards our aim to be a leader in sustainability and helping clients to transition to a low carbon, sustainable economy.
- Specialist knowledge – Knowledge of I&W insurance offers and the insurance market, including key sustainability related trends, commercial drivers and market dynamics. Expertise on environmental sustainability initiatives in the insurance industry, and the impact of environmental sustainability issues on insurance.
- Influencing and Engagement Skills – Able to influence and challenge senior stakeholders in the General Insurance division on approaches to environmental sustainability necessary to understand and influence client activity.
- Proposition development – ability to develop green insurance propositions based on understanding of client needs, external drivers and commercial drivers.
- Analysis – able to structure and complete complex analysis to inform decision making and secure support for business and investment cases evidence.
- Communication skills – written and oral.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.