In this role, you will develop an understanding of the policy settings, operational rules, climate projections and water use patterns to model water resource availability for consumptive, environmental, recreational and traditional owner values.
The Water Resource Analyst/Project Manager will be responsible for undertaking technical tasks and coordinating project management activities related to delivery of Water for Victoria and implementation of the Basin Plan
- A relevant tertiary qualification in science or engineering is mandatory.
- Excellent skills in technical data analysis and hydrologic modelling are mandatory.
- Experience in technical report writing is mandatory.
- Experience in the Victorian water supply systems or the Murray-Darling Basin is highly desirable.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This is an ongoing position.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
DELWP will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- A Statutory Declaration and Consent form consenting to DELWP contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
Applications close at midnight Thursday 16 April 2020.