|WASH Cluster Co-Chair|
|Duty station:||Kabul main office with substantial field work/Field trips|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Fixed term – One Year (Extendable)|
|Salary:||According to DACAAR expat salary scale|
|Working Hours||Sunday – Thursday from 7:30 am – 04:00 pm (summer timing), 08:00 am – 04:00 pm (winter timing)|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|WASH Co-chair leads at the country level are accountable to the Director of DACAAR and WASH Cluster Coordinator for facilitating a process at the sectoral level aimed at ensuring the following:|
|Specific Responsibilities: |
1. Inclusion of key humanitarian partners
2. Establishment and maintenance of appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms within WASH cluster and related government agencies
3. Coordination with national/local authorities, Government institutions, local civil society and other relevant actors
4. Attention to priority on cross-cutting issues
5. Needs assessment and analysis
Play a strong role in ensuring effective and coherent sectoral needs assessments and gap analysis, involving all relevant partners.
6. National capacity building through enhanced preparedness & contingency
planning at provincial level
| 7. Planning and strategy development |
Provided support to WASH Cluster Coordinator to ensure predictable action within the sectoral group for the following:
8. Application of standards
9. Monitoring and reporting
Lead the rollout of HEAT survey tools training to national and provincial WASH partners ensuring that the partners are capable of using the tool effectively;
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES required performing the duties of the post:
a) Academic Qualifications
Advanced University Master degree in areas of WASH e.g. Civil Engineering, Sanitary
Engineering or Development Planning
b) WORK EXPERIENCE
Ten (10) years of professional work experience in WASH with more than 2 years experience in
Afghanistan in emergency response.
Fluency in English
d) OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Knowledge of WASH sector as a whole and its priority issues; an ability to strategize how these sectoral needs are met through collective delivery.
· Knowledge of humanitarian response principles and commitments, international humanitarian law, inter-connectedness and reform pillars & reform updates.
· Knowledge of the Cluster approach guidelines and terms of reference (and skill on how to apply them).
· Ability to mitigate and mediate conflict and disagreements among cluster partners.
· Ability to work in team and forge good working relationship including exchange of information and knowledge.
· Communication, advocacy, analytical and facilitation training/mentoring skills.
· Good knowledge of computer management and applications i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation tools.
· Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment and sensitive to social cultural differences and diversity.
|Education: Advanced University Master degree in areas of WASH e.g. Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering or Development Planning.|
|Experience: Ten (10) years of professional work experience in WASH with more than 2 years experience in Afghanistan in emergency response.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:|
|Languages: Fluent English both written and Oral|
|In addition to the monthly salary, the following package is also provided: |
· A return air ticket between employee home address and Kabul at the beginning and end of the assignment.
· R&R: 5 paid working days of leave upon completing Eight weeks of continuous stay (excluding weekend and public holidays) inside Afghanistan.
· Covering the expenses occurred (travel and accommodation) during R&R maximum up to USD 1000/- (One Thousand US dollars only).
· Annual Leave: 25 paid working days per year (2.08 days per month).
· Public holidays: 10 days per year.
· Travel, Health and life insurance coverage for the duration of your employment.
· Accommodation: shared accommodation, reasonably furnished, all utility costs covered, civilian guards coverage 24/7, no housekeeping services provided.
· Excess baggage allowance: cost of maximum 20 kgs upon arrival and departure (provided based on receipts).
· Free lunch during weekdays.
· Pick up and drop service to and from work.
· Accommodation while traveling to the field.
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to [email protected] or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address: |
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan