The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will partner in the Authority’s efforts to provide continued leadership and strategic vision to the organization; enhance operational, managerial, and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operational controls to the company; effectively communicate and foster growth among the executive team and all employees; and serve as a vital leader in driving results, spurring growth and increasing the overall efficiency of the organization.
· Provides management to staff and leadership to the organization that aligns with DC Water’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
· Assists executive team members in creating, growing and building a world class Utility.
· Drives company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CEO, CFO, and other key executive team members.
· Partners with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results which positively impacts customer rates.
· Partners with Performance Executive to set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability.
· Creates effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
· Provides accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the organization.
· Spearheads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
· Works with executive leadership on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
· Works closely with management to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies.
· Collaborates with the CEO and CFO in the capital raise process, participate in the company’s road shows.
· Meets, interacts and presents information effectively to potential investors.
· Fosters a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Performs other related projects and assignments at the direction of the CEO.
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university and at least ten (10+) years of executive level operations experience as a member of management in a Large Utility, or similar environment. Ten (10+) years at the COO level is preferred. A MBA is also preferred.
· Skill and expertise in organizational management with the ability to coach an executive level staff who have the responsibility of managing diverse groups of people.
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with DC Water’s Board of Directors, public groups, Congress, City Council, etc.
· Budgeting and/or financial focused mindset helpful.
· Utilizes a personal computer and maintains a working knowledge of applicable software programs (i.e. Word , Excel email, etc.).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General office Conditions
· General office conditions.
Chief Operating Officer
Washington, DC, US