Winrock International is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Communications Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project that aims to strengthen regional cooperation on shared water resources and address current and emerging environmental challenges to promote stability, economic prosperity and healthy ecosystems in Central Asia. The Communications Director will document processes and outcomes, develop and deliver effective messages through multiple channels and highlight project successes for local, regional and global audiences. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Develop and implement the project communications strategy
- Lead development of project communications, outreach and learning material
- Advise on communications protocols with bilateral and multilateral governments and institutions
- Provide capacity building support to partner institutions and stakeholders on knowledge management and external communications and outreach.
- Contribute to the implementation of the project’s Learning Agenda including census, surveys, case studies, focus groups and other tools to evaluate project impact, trends, and other learnings.
- Develop project learning material based on analysis of project outcomes and impact.
- Lead knowledge sharing activities within project, with USAID, other implementing partners, and with target countries’ governments.
- Provide high level editorial assistance to the publication of all project reporting and communications.
- Develop social media strategy with specific reach and engagement targets along with publication plans or approaches to achieve them.
- Develop high-quality, high- impact national campaign to inform the Central Asia public about the project’s main achievement and results while supporting USAID brand building and brand recognition in the country.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s level degree required, in social sciences, communications, journalism or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive communications experience, preferably in the areas of policy or environmental resource management
- Proven experience contributing to the design and implementation of a government or donor strategic communications strategy highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver high quality communication material, including reports, case studies, and web content.
- Previous experience designing project learning material based on analysis of surveys, focus group discussions, and censuses.
- Previous advising government, academic, and multilateral institutions in communications strategy.
- Experience working with USAID
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in Russian and English.
- Proficiency in word processing, database management, and presentation software (Microsoft).