U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician (Several vacancies)
- GS-06: $42,419 (Step 01) to $55,145 (Step 10);
- GS-07: $47,137 (Step 01) to $61,274 (Step 10);
- GS-08: $52,203 (Step 01) to $67,864 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
- There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As a Hydrologic Technician within the California Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Considers field conditions, selects procedures to perform routine field water-quality measurements.
- Verifies the accuracy if data summaries, applying standard quality-assurance techniques.
- Processes field samples in laboratory for sediment grain size, optical analysis, etc.
- Prepares graphic representations of hydrologic data by way of maps, charts, hydrographs, and frequency curves.
- Operates a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.