Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree (Master or Doctoral degrees) in Fisheries Management, Ecosystem Management, Environmental Management or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 10 years experiences in designing and formulating regional/transboundary guiding, fisheries management policy and strategy in the Mekong or/and other transboundary large river basins;
- Minimum 10 years experiences in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in capture fisheries management, cooperation and institution in transboundary fisheries management;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in fisheries and environment of Mekong River Basin is preferable;
- Specific knowledge and experiences with relevant international agreements and practices such as the FAO Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, technical guidelines, action plans and approaches for inland fisheries management, ecosystem-based approach, and precautionary approach is advantageous;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively in a Mekong/Southeast Asia institution and cultural context;
- Fluent in English, verbal and writing and strong analytical skills;
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LDM37FN. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 10 April 2020