Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be the nationality of non-riparian member countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand or Viet Nam);
- University degree (Master/ Doctoral degrees or equivalent minimum) in Environmental Management, Ecosystem Management, wetland management or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 10 years experiences in environmental management and policy and strategy development, including transboundary environmental governance;
- Minimum 10 years experiences in strategic and project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in environmental management and/or ecosystem management;
- Has at least 5 years specific knowledge and working experience in financing sourcing, designs and establishment of at least a few long-term (sustainable) funds for sustainable management and development of transboundary rivers;
- Has legal and financial experience and knowledge on the functioning of regional and international funding mechanisms (e.g. the GEF or GCF etc.);
- Strong experience in dealing with regional and international environment related organizations and institutions and in negotiating with private sectors and development partners for seeking funding opportunities;
- Specific knowledge and experience in international development cooperation and resource mobilization strategy development and coordination;
- International experiences and relations, and regional knowledge of the Mekong River Basin;
- Specific knowledge and experiences with relevant international agreements and practices such as Convention on Biological Diversity and Sustainable Development Goal;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively shared position in a Mekong or/and Southeast Asia institution and cultural context; and
- Fluent in English, verbal and writing and strong analytical skills.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LJ7TWQ9. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 10 April 2020