Junior Professional (m/f/d) for the Natural Resources Management and Environment Department, Team Africa
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In the Natural Resources Management Department, we focus on consultancy services related to protected area and national park management, biodiversity and sustainable forest management as well as institutional development and good governance in the forest sector in Africa, Asia, EMENA and Latin America region.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) to join our Natural Resource Management Department for the Africa team.
- Working on the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in response to donor tenders in close cooperation with the responsible consultant;
- Writing of prequalification documents;
- Increasing responsibility in project management (implementation management/financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies, contract management, etc) with a focus on conservation/protected area management including Backstopping missions to the projects, often in National Parks, also in remote and security relevant contexts;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts as well as networking with donor agencies (GIZ, KfW, EU, etc.), beneficiaries, partner companies and individual experts;
- Development of own technical competence in the field of natural resource and national park management through training on the job;
- Participating in feasibility and project preparatory studies as well as in short-term consultancy missions;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications.
- University degree (Master) in Nature Conservation, Forestry, Tropical Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Geography, or related topics;
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation and natural resources management;
- Full proficiency in written French and English; working knowledge of German is necessary;
- First experience with the German (GIZ, KfW) or European development institutions (such as EU) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Some working experience in developing countries, preferably Africa;
- Proven ability and willingness to travel extensively to the countries in the region;
- Strong skills in writing and presentation and advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Other skills: respectful communication skills, dedicated for conservation, transdisciplinary work experience, responsible acting, pragmatism, improvisation skills, intercultural competence, stress resistance and team player.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.