In this role, you will provide essential coordination with external partners to facilitate deliverables under the Country Engagement pillar of the Nationally Determined Commitments (NDC) Partnership, a global effort managed within the Climate Program.
We are committed to ensuring gender equity across our program portfolios. As such, this position will support attention to gender where appropriate.
Your main areas of responsibility will include the following:
Project Coordination (50%)
- Track performance of project deliverables and assist NDC Partnership Director of Country Engagement supporting teams and partners to meet targets and objectives
- Track past performance and lessons learned to use on future project preparation
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of NDCP Country Engagement team or specific project activities as appropriate
- Work with Country Engagement team to identify external partners, develop legal instruments for collaboration, help partners meet deliverable targets and comply with funder requirements, and ensure timely and accurate submission of progress and financial reports
- Apply and implement process tools to track Country Engagement work, as well as integrating work across pillars and ensuring proper flow of information
- Support Partnership Plan development process in various countries with content and logistics, working as key focal point for high-level partners, delivering high quality products and documenting commitments (contracts, payments, reports, etc.)
Event Planning & Support (20%)
- Support planning and execution of globally dispersed workshops, country scoping missions, and small conferences as part of NDCP Country Engagement and other work streams
- In close cooperation with Communications team, support workshops and missions, supporting logistics and content development support
- Manage the process for project commitments (i.e. agreements, contracts, work authorizations, and purchase orders), and pay invoices in compliance with established governance and funder requirements
- Attend internal and external meetings, take notes and track follow-ups with staff and partners
- Coordinate and schedule meetings regarding projects among team
- Manage Participant Agreements, expense reports, travel arrangements and other payments for Support Unit staff in Bonn, as well as consultants and NDC Partners
- Systematically track, monitor, and disseminate internal documents and deliverables so the Country Engagement team has real time access to key information
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience, ideally within an international nonprofit organization
- Strong research and partner communication skills
- Knowledge of international development challenges
- Understanding of team dynamics, cross-cultural collaboration, and strong time and priority management abilities
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft suite, database management, cloud- and web-based communications. Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure with tight deadlines. Flexible and capable of working with minimal direction and supervision
- Flexibility to travel internationally
- Ability to read, write and speak in French
- Flexibility to work irregular schedules in order to accommodate coordination with global project partners and team members across time zones.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and values
How to Apply
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered. Deadline for applications 5th April 2020.
The purpose of the NDC Partnership is to achieve enhanced cooperation among Parties to support developing country partners in successfully implementing their Nationally Determined Commitments (NDCs) and related Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) commitments, with the goal of reaching climate-resilient and low carbon growth as the global norm. The Partnership will emphasize responsiveness to developing countries’ needs and priorities and work to ensure a country-driven perspective. It will also be key to address countries’ capacity building needs for sustained implementation of NDCs.