In connection with complex, diverse international human rights, and humanitarian relief and developmental activities, duties include:
- Provides direct technical support and advice to country and program teams, particularly on design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programs;
- Provides support for the development of written proposals, technical materials and resources for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programs or projects with particular attention to gender equality, food security, integrated water resources management, environmental sustainability and conflict sensitivity;
- Supports the design and implementation of capacity development plans, measuring changes or improvements in capacity to apply resilience approaches to Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) programs;
- Provides capacity building and technical support to local partners overseas;
- Provides leadership and technical input for the implementation of the disaster risk reduction strategy within the confederation;
- Participates and represent Oxfam in regional and global practice development meetings on disaster risk reduction and resilience, particularly regarding water management;
- Supports the Humanitarian-Development Nexus by working to address the challenges of countries addressing simultaneously humanitarian needs, recovery and development;
- Contributes to the design and development of funding proposals for evidence-based, innovative approaches to emergency response and resilience programming; and,
- Liaises with resilience networks, academic and research institutions and international non-government organizations (INGOs) to foster Oxfam resilience thinking and models.
Master’s degree in Humanitarian Program Management, International Development, Economics, or related field, and five years of professional experience designing and implementing resilience and disaster risk reduction programs for international non-profit humanitarian and/or non-governmental organizations. International travel required up to 30% of the time to Central America, East and West Africa and South East Asia.
Experience may be concurrent but must include:
1) 4 years of experience providing technical advice to teams and government personnel in the implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programs for developing or underdeveloped countries with high levels of poverty.
2) 3 years of experience applying and adapting gender methodologies and perspectives into Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programs.
3) 2 years of experience developing Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience strategies and monitoring systems to assess the impact of program advocacy efforts that ensure resilience building for developing or underdeveloped countries.
Job site: 226 Causeway St., 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02114. Full-time.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Apply online at http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whoweare/jobs. Ref #DRR320