The position is responsible for implementations of rehabilitation and construction activities for all WASH systems – including water systems, sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion. This includes all elements of planning, management, staff direction, budget management, control and successful execution.
- Manage the operation & maintenance/installation of water systems including construction of new /rehabilitation/ expansion/maintenance of water systems, facilitation of site selection and supervision, design for pipe lying and procurement.
- Able to design and draw simple BoQs from the assessments and share that with EH senior officer
- Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of water supply systems for the IDP Camps
- Oversee and monitor regular water quality testing activities for turbidity and free chlorine residual Ensure that data for water quality is gathered and recorded is kept in soft and hard copies in the IDPs Camp
- Oversee EH items and liaise with the supply chain to ensure that bi-weekly checks are made on stock records.
- Organize and monitor the construction and maintenance of sanitation infrastructures in the IDP Camp and transit centers
- Manage production of directly produce all the necessary appropriate designs/drawings, bills of quantities and specification and follow up orders for the required equipment, tools and materials for the implementation of facilities.
- Supervise the handling, collection, removal and disposal of solid wastes, liquid waste, drainage systems, medical waste, and supervise food hygienic management in the transit Centers in collaboration with sanitation & HP staff.
- Ensure the sanitation infrastructures quantity, quality and distribution over the camp that meets SPHERE standards.
- Work with IDP community to accept their indigenous knowledge and skill for the sustainable usage of sanitation facilities.
- Lead the implementation of proper hygiene promotion methods/approaches that ensure proper use of water and sanitation facilities for the IDP camps.
- In collaboration with senior EH officer Produce appropriate IEC materials for hygiene promotion activities implementation in consultation with IDP representatives and EH team other field Offices of Somalia
- Ensure that the use of IEC materials in the hygiene promotion activities in all Camp are with pre-tested message in relation to culture and religions sensitivity of the beneficiaries.
- Lead in conducting the appropriate Environmental Health (EH) Knowledge, Practice and Coverage (KPC) surveys during survey design, data collection, data entry, analysis and reporting in order to monitor and evaluate the impact of sanitation and hygiene promotion activities;
- Provide timely reports on the field trips, monitoring visits and assessments to senior wash officer.
- Compile weekly, monthly and other circumstantial reports as may be required; including donor reports.
- A Degree in Water Engineering ,Public Health or other related discipline;
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position/related
- Professional experience in community water, sanitation and hygiene programs in displaced populations
- Excellent program implementation skills
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English