Summary: The Digital Water Analyst will play a leading role in Bluefield’s Digital Water Insight Service – a core component of our offering that leverages our understanding of conventional water infrastructure, combined with our tracking of ongoing digitalization initiatives. The analyst will be responsible for driving research and analysis of market environments, growth trends, and company strategies related to digital transformation within the water sector – with a focus on Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America municipal water infrastructure markets.
Become a digital transformation thought leader in water:
- Lead a steady level of deliverable output to clients, including written reports, presentations, forecast models, and client workshops.
- Initiate, write and produce regular executive briefings, PowerPoint presentations and market forecasts, while becoming an expert in this growing field.
- Build and maintain project databases, company profiles, financing deals, and technology deployment, including development of online dashboards.
- Understand the key building blocks of digital strategies – including underlying infrastructure, software integration, and business cases related to specific technologies.
- Analyze the water supply chain and trends impacting market development- M&A, partnerships, project announcements, technology adoption.
- Support the research demands of Bluefield’s other research groups.
- Demonstrate to clients and team members a knowledge and expertise in the analysis of the water sector, water technology, and overall market opportunities.
- Interact with clients on a continuous basis to provide market research, competitive analysis, and strategy support.
- Support Sales and Marketing teams in client and prospect meetings.
- Maintain industry profile through speaking opportunities and other participation in industry forums
Leverage your education, skills, and experience:
- Undergraduate degree, required.
- 1-5 years relevant experience, within the IT, telecoms, water, energy, infrastructure, or market research fields.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful.
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, Sisense…etc. preferred
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct desk-based primary research, including interviews with key industry stakeholders unfamiliar with Bluefield Research
- Must be flexible to travel
- Near-native English, other languages a plus
- Legal to reside and work in US or Spain (EU citizenship or valid work visa)
- Health insurance reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation (three weeks)
- Paid time off (e.g. sick days)
- Public Holidays
- Ongoing education through lunch and learns led by research team
- Upward mobility in a start-up culture that allows for potential a role in management with demonstrated success
- The position is centrally located in downtown Boston with access to trains, subway, bus…etc.
Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.