This position is located on the Snow Survey Staff of the NRCS State Office, under the supervision of the State Snow Survey Supervisory Hydrologist. The incumbent serves as a hydrologist in the Oregon Snow Survey program, assisting in the complete range of snow survey and water forecast activities conducted within the state by the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Responsible for the collection, quality control (QC), data entry, and annual archive of hydro?meteorological data within the boundaries of the Oregon, parts of California and Washington jurisdiction.
- Provides technical assistance to the snow survey staff in data collection, data entry, verification, quality control, processing and archival.
- Monitors Snow Telemetry (SNOTEL) site performance and data quality to assist in establishing maintenance work loads and setting priorities.
- Performs snow surveys by helicopter, on snow machine, and on foot.
- Assists in the preparation of the Water Supply Outlook Report (WSOR), Surface Water Supply Index (SWSI) and other products on a monthly basis through the winter and spring.