Training Consultant for Layouting & Management of Wastewater Treatment Plants, WWF-MYANMAR
Mission of the Department: WWF Myanmar’s sustainable agriculture programme is assisting rubber producers and processors in Tanintharyi Region to produce sustainable natural rubber. Our goal is by producing sustainable natural rubber, rubber producers and processors will be able to access premium prices, promote the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and conserve the ecologically important Dawna Tenasserim Landscape. Treating wastewater from rubber processors, a requirement of sustainable natural rubber production, requires high level investment and skilled labor. Therefore, rubber processors’ staff should be trained appropriately.
Major Functions: to train the staff of our partner rubber processor to layout, plan and manage WWTP of their factory.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design the WWTP of the factory based on the results of laboratory analysis
- Onsite demonstration on the efficiency of the WWTP
- Develop a PFD and P&ID of the WWTP
- Calculate the capital and operational costs of the WWTP
- Train DGL staff on layouting, planning & management of the WWTP
- PhD in chemical engineering, wastewater management, environmental engineering or a relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience in planning and design of wastewater treatment plants.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing wastewater plants for private sector preferably for rubber processors.
- Sound knowledge of calculating the capital and operational costs of wastewater treatment plants.
- Experience in training private entities in planning and management of wastewater treatment plants.
- Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Myanmar emission guidelines
Closing Date: 8 April 2020 (Wednesday)
Application: Interested candidates should email [email protected] or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Your fullname
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.