· The Intern must have studies in field of Social Sciences or other related areas and must meet one of the following requirements;
i. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
ii. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
iii. Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel and others) as well as experience in handling web-based applications
· Fluent in written and oral communication skills in English; competency in other UN languages is a strong asset.
· As of 1 January 2020, Interns may be given a stipend according to UNDP Internship Policy, if it is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government foundation or scholarship programme. A stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station. The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
· Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of the internship. UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. Interns must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan.
· Interns are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for education programmes.
· The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
· Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
· Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
· The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
· The intern will be evaluated at the end of the contract.
The interns will be responsible for providing his or her own laptop. Internet access and printing facilities will be available at UNDP during the internship.